This post has been pending for a while, but I love this trend so much, that I am writing it with renewed rigour.
I’ve always been a big fan of everything 60s and 70s, and I’m so glad that wide leg pants made their way back in 2014. The year is about to end, but the trend may well continue into the spring of 2015.
I own two pairs of wide leg pants or pallazos and I wore my favourite teal blue ones to Lakme Fashion Week fall/festive, this year. If I am to say so myself, they were a great pick for a very humid day in Bombay.
They also gave me an opportunity to pair a crop top (a trend I had not tried before).
If you haven’t tried the trend already, here are a few ideas on how to style a pallazo.
1. Pick a pant that sits well on the hips. The length of the pants is important; let them just about skim the ground, with just the front of your shoe showing
2. Depending on the occasion, choose between fabrics like chiffons, georgettes, and polyster to stiffer and formal linens
3. Choose from fitted tees and ganjis for a casual day to wrap tops which flatter all body types, or layer with cropped jackets for office
4. Unless you are Kate Moss, avoid oversized tops. You you don’t look like you stepped out of bed
5. Accessorise but keep it simple. Pick between an oversized clutch for the evening or a sling/messenger bag for the day. If you have color blocked, add a statement neckpiece, a long chain necklace is enough with bold printed pants. A belt, slim or thick pairs very well with these
Floral crop and Navy Wedges: Westside
Pants: a store in Wonderland
Sling: Borrowed from Sneaky