Boudoir inspired outfits have been making their way on the runway since 2013. All of 2017, we have witnessed corsets, slip dresses, bralettes in magazines, high street retail racks and of course on Instagram! I suspect this is not the last we’ve seen of it. The idea of wearing inner wear as outer wear makes me cringe. Having said that, I never back out of challenging my own style sensibilities. So if you are like me, the easiest way to start is with ‘The Slip Dress’.
My verdict, I am not sure I would allow the silky slip dress to go from the bedroom to the boardroom. I do definitely see myself in a slip dress at happy hour. Here are three ways to wear a slip dress throughout the year
- It’s a perfect, simple yet sexy choice for date nights. I’d styled with strappy stilettos and sparkly sling bag
- Take the slip to brunch, by layering with a tee over your dress, or under with a knitted tank. Style with booties for fall (I wore mine with a pair of mules and a denim crop jacket)
- I wouldn’t shy away from a slinky slip in winter. (Most of us Uber to holiday parties, right?) Style with tall boots or thigh highs and a furry wrap to keep yourself warm at winter holiday parties
I ordered my slip dress from Print All Over Me. PAOM is a fabulous platform that brings digitally printed outfits and slow fashion on the same platform is a reality at Print All Over Me. These guys have been on the market for a few years and I was only introduced to them late summer 2017. An online retail store rarely impresses these days, but PAOM blew my mind!
Here’s why; PAOM offers thousands prints in various silhouettes – body con, slip, sheath dresses, culottes, pants, skirts, shirts, blouses in a choice of fabrics from silks, denim, cottons for men, women as well as kids. If you like you’re outfit in solid colors but prefer bold, original accessories, the website is a perfect place to get yourself a wacky bag, hat or scarf. My favorite part is easily the fact that the enterprise is focused on slow, sustainable fashion and giving fair wages and health benefits to their production studio employees in Shanghai. If this isn’t enough for you to check them out – use the code MODANINJA for a 15% off sitewide!
I chose a fence printed slip dress by Stella Rose. True to slow fashion, it took 3 weeks to arrive! By the time I shot this outfit, we were in fall. Do keep shipping time in mind when ordering from PAOM.
I hope you’ll share my excitement and check out the plethora of printed outfit ideas on Print All Over Me!
Here is a look at how I wore my fence net printed pink slip. I styled my slip dress two ways
- Style one – simply wore the dress with my mules and floral sunglasses
- Style two – I love this style, because the dress was a couple of sized big on me. I wore a belt and threw on a denim crop. I hope this inspires you to try out a printed slip.