This post comes a few week after undergoing eyelash extensions with the very deft & polite Erin at Lashbee in Philly . Initially, I deliberately waited to publish this post, since I wanted to write about not only the experience at the salon, but also how I was managing my sweeping lashes. However with all my travel to India and now Dubai, the post is coming out 3 weeks late.
To begin with, I’d like to declare, I am pretty accepting of my physical features. I am not ‘magazine perfect’, I’m petite, my weight fluctuates, my hair changes, my nose seems flatter and wider than it was (not kidding), but I love most aspects of how I look. Having said that, when I see someone with voluminous, long, dark lashes, that could fan a room on a warm day, I see green. I have envied Mr. H and his lashes everyday of our marriage. Why do his eyes sparkle even when he is tired? And I need to coat mine with gunky mascara or struggle with stick-on mascara to look presentable?
Naturally, when I heard of eye lash extensions, I felt like this was my opportunity to get my cake and eat it too. Of course, I have never had a semi-permanent salon treatment done before, so I was jittery. I was looking for a salon that specializes in lash extensions and has trained professionals. LashBee in Philadelphia turned out to be perfect. Co -founded by Anjali and Erin, Lashbee is dedicated to offering fantastic customer experience and lashes that last. I went in for the ‘procedure’ and am happy to report that I have had no side effects that is often reported with lash extensions.
Erin was warm, friendly and patiently walked me through the process. There is a lot one can choose from when it comes to lashes. You may choose from volume, length, curl or request for a combination of all three. Lashbee offers an option of classic and volume sets. I wanted something that would give me fuller lashes, while still looking natural. We chose a classic lash set, Erin explained that it is important to choose a set that your natural lashes can support. Choosing something too heavy could damage your natural lashes.
Let’s first answer the question – do you need lash extension?
- If you are a busy on – the- go professional and want to cut your time in front of the mirror, this definitely is for you. Now that I wear these lashes, my eyes look so sparkly, feminine and beautiful that I barely wear any make up
- You have a special event and are looking for something extra. A wedding, birthday or even a big presentation could be a good excuse to try the magic
- You are tired of smudgy kohl, mascara & the process of make up removal after. Since you won’t feel like wearing too much make up, you’ll look fresh as a daisy all day & won’t spend time taking off the water proof mascara (#eyelashextensionsforthewin)
I am addicted, I can’t wait to go back for a refill! Eyelash extensions are not cheap & if you don’t take care of them, you won’t get the most out of them. 3 weeks in & this is how I care for my new lashes
- Don’t let water touch them for 24 hours after application
- No steamy showers for a day or two, the heat can weaken the glue
- Avoid wearing mascara. The purpose of getting the lashes is to have longer, fuller lashes without the make up
- Sleep on your back, if possible. If you sleep on your face, you will end up wearing your lashes down
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
I’ve had my lashes for 3 weeks & although now 50% may have fallen off, but they still look good. I have 2 more weeks on the road before I can go see Erin again, however you could book your appointment at Lashbees right here