I am pretty accepting of my physical features. I am not ‘magazine perfect’, I’m petite, my weight fluctuates, my hair changes, my nose seems flatter and wider than it was (not kidding), but I love most aspects of how I look. Having said that, when I see someone with voluminous, long, dark lashes, that could fan a room on a warm day, I see green. I have envied Mr. H and his lashes everyday of our marriage. Why do his eyes sparkle even when he is tired? And I need to coat mine with gunky mascara or struggle with stick-on mascara to look presentable?
Naturally, when I heard of eye lash extensions, I felt like this was my opportunity to get my cake and eat it too. Of course, I have never had a semi-permanent salon treatment done before, so I was jittery. I was looking for a salon that specializes in lash extensions and has trained professionals. LashBee in Philadelphia turned out to be perfect. Co -founded by Anjali and Erin, Lashbee is dedicated to offering fantastic customer experience and lashes that last. Its been 10 days since I went in for the ‘procedure’ and am happy to report that I have had no side effects, my lashes stayed put & I feel amazing.
Erin (co founder at LashBee) was warm, friendly and patiently walked me through the process. There is a lot one can choose from when it comes to lashes. You could choose volume, length, curl or a combination of all three. Lashbee offers an option of classic and volume sets. I wanted something that would give me fuller lashes while looking natural. We chose a classic lash set, Erin also explained that it is important to choose a set that your natural lashes can support. Or they would fall off much sooner or damage your natural lashes. Personally, I am very happy and if I may say so myself, my peepers look stunning.
Why I love my new lashes
- I love how I look when I wake up! I can really do #iwokeuplikethis post!
- Reduced my time in front of the mirror drastically. All I do is slap on some cc cream, fill my brows, add gloss and I’m ready to go. My eyes look so sparkly, feminine and beautiful that I don’t feel the need to do more.
I would highly recommend getting yourself an appointment on www.lashbee.com with the skilled team at LashBee for this amazing experience. I can’t wait to be back in Philly for my re-fills. Sweeping lashes are addictive!
How to care for your new lashes
- Don’t let water touch them for 24 hours after application
- No steamy showers for a day or two, the heat can ruin/weaken the glue
- Avoid wearing mascara. The purpose of getting your lashes extended is to have longer, fuller lashes without the make up
- Avoid sleeping on your face. Sleeping on your back is way better anyway!
- It’s a good idea to avoid rubbing your eyes. This definitely will pull out your lashes way quicker than you’d like
Here are a few pictures of the process, before and after. I hope this post helps take an informed call on getting lash extensions.