Crop tops were rage in the 90’s, remember Baby in Dirty Dancing? Cut to 2014 and you see crop tops back in style and looks like it is here to stay. While am thin, I always assumed one needs a flat tummy to carry off a crop top. I had completely written off this trend for my wardrobe, till my sister and Cheeky Ninja convinced me otherwise.
One doesn’t need to be skinny or have washboard abs to wear crop tops, you just need to find the top and style which enhances your figure. I have been wearing a lot of crop tops of late, like this one which I paired with khadi Pallazos from Red Sister Blue.
Here are few sneaky tips to style crop top for your shape –
- First rule is always confidence, it shows when you don’t believe what you wearing.
- Pair your crop top with a high waisted bottom, crop top doesn’t mean you have to expose your entire midriff. A high waist pants or skirt exposes where your waist is tiniest and not the tummy.
- If you are top heavy like me, go for a loose fitting crop top, avoid skin fitting, too short or too high neckline or you will look torso-less. bralet is a big no no for this body type.
- Wear a jacket or a cardigan over the crop top if you aren’t comfortable.
- Crop top should not show more than 3 inches of your waist, otherwise it looks trying to hard or like a sari blouse.
- If you don’t want to buy a crop top, leave the last few buttons of a regular shirt and tie up the ends to get Cheeky Ninja’s this look.
Crop Top – Lokhandala market, Andheri I Khadi Pallazos – Get it here I Neckpiece – Hill Road